It is not a question that BOTOX® Cosmetic is among the most dominant treatments in the aesthetic industry to date. We offer it for a reason! Nonetheless, there’s a new kid on the block called Jeuveau®. While there is something to be said for tried and true, sometimes a new treatment is just what you need when the old one stops delivering results.
An important reminder: our bodies are resilient and adaptable. Part of that means that our skin can also build a tolerance to certain forms of Botulinum (aka Neurotoxins). When this happens, your standard BOTOX® Cosmetic injections may begin to falter. You might start to notice a reduction in results, a shorter duration. In some cases, there may be little to no outcome at all. If that’s the case for you, at Vita Aesthetics and Wellness, we have options to help. We invite you to get to know Jeuveau®. Better yet, we encourage you to schedule your consultation to experience it for yourself today!
What Is Jeuveau®?
Jeuveau® is a new and improved take on a tried and true formula. Often referred to as “Newtox”, this treatment uses the same active ingredient as BOTOX® Cosmetic. However, slight variations in its chemical composition make it more suitable for addressing certain types of wrinkles. Since its FDA approval in 2019, Jeuveau® has been widely used to treat what is commonly known as frown lines (glabellar lines). With its slightly different formula, Jeaveau® is a great alternative for patients who suffer a decline in their BOTOX® Cosmetic results. In addition, Jeaveau® is more cost-effective when compared to the traditional BOTOX® Cosmetic. This makes Jeaveau® a better option for patients who are just starting on their transformative aesthetics journey.
- Injections take about 15-20 minutes.
- Full results are visible in about seven to ten days.
- Results last an average of 3-4 months.
- Redness as a side-effect is typically mild and short-lived.
- No serious adverse effects were reported during clinical trials.
Jeuveau® May Offer More Natural-looking Results
Competing with the best is not an easy feat. However, Jeuveau® has grown enough to go toe-to-toe with BOTOX® Cosmetic. Some Aesthetic professionals even debate if this new injectable can deliver more natural-looking results. Before we get into this, let’s look at how these injectables work. Jeuveau® is administered and operates based on the same pattern as its competitors. The process is as follows:
- First, Jeaveau® is injected strategically into a muscle, where it binds to nerve cells and blocks neurotransmitter release.
- By blocking neurotransmitters, this injectable causes muscles to refrain from moving.
- When the activity of muscles is reduced, the overlying wrinkles can relax and smooth out.
What sets Jeuveau® apart is its unique purification and drying process called “Hi-Pure Technology.” This process is believed to have a more powerful impact on muscles while being more effective at staying out of the bloodstream. This means that Jeuveau® has a lower risk of causing side effects and thereby can offer natural-looking results faster and more effectively.
What Does the Clinical Data Show?
Clinical testing is a vital part of determining the safety and efficiency of any product. Jeuveau® is no exception. To attain FDA approval, this injectable was tested continuously, eventually being proven safe for use by Aesthetic professionals. Here are some key highlights from the clinical trials that speak to the effectiveness of this treatment.
- In US studies, 68% and 70% of Jeuveau® patients had a 2-grade or better physician and patient-rated improvement in frown lines at Day 30.*
- In a study conducted in Europe and Canada, 54% of patients had visible results two days after treatment. And at five months after treatment, 38% of patients had visible results with Jeuveau®.*
In Aesthetics, Seeing is Believing
Whether you’re looking for an alternative to BOTOX® Cosmetic or have never tried any injectable before, Jeuveau® may be an excellent option for you. This treatment features Botulinum in its purest chemical form, ensuring that you get the best results with little to no side effects. Discover the benefits of professional injectable treatment with us at Vita Aesthetics & Wellness.
Schedule your appointment at our Whittier, California office today and take advantage of our Springtime promotions. You can fill out the form below or call (562) 205-4500 to get started.